Whoa! It’s Friday, and boy do we have the incredible weather on the Emerald Coast! Now THIS is coffee drinkin’ weather! I was just here gulping down some brew, and thinking about HOW to celebrate Easter next weekend….hmmmmm
Since we love Easter Eggs, and getting creative, I thought I’d try dying them with a bit of my Chuck’s Brew…yep, that’s what I’m gonna do. Hey, and maybe do some latte art in the Mugs on Easter morning!
Here’s how you coffee-dye your eggs: Create a pot of extremely strong coffee. Decide how you will design your eggs. Here’s what I did:
- Rub eggs down with vinegar.
- For a while design, grab some natural things like a flower, grasses, plants etc, and wrap them around the egg for a natural stencil.
- Use a stocking to hold the items on the egg, and secure with small rubber bands
- Boil the eggs in the coffee for 10 min.
- Cool them in the fridge to let soak longer in the liquid
- Remove the stocking mesh and item and Viola, cool designs!
- Optional: Leave ‘em plain or choose a few eggs and add gold flakes, glitter, and yes, coffee grinds.
- Paint a few accents on some if you wish!
- Also try some in Tea, Tumeric Tea, Green Tea and cranberry Tea….you’ll be surprised at what color they make.
- Here is a borrowed list of recipes for other organic/natural colors for those eggs!
What fun! So keep it caffeinated, keep it natural and enjoy dying yourself a few coffee Easter eggs! And the best part is, this dye is organic, and won’t be ingested if you make egg salad later!
My eggs were brown, gray and yellow! I like that, they match my tin…awesome right?
How about little bunny coffee cup cozies? Make a few really quick with a needle and felt! Yep, recycled from bottle kind of felt would be great…I’m making coffee cup sized….but hey, make ‘em for your eggs too! Heres the one I’m doing:
So hey, have fun preparing for a great caffeinated Easter! Get roasted and have fun!